This past Thursday, I attended institute and I didn't study before hand ... turns out I didn't have to!
- We were in the sections that are considered to be my favorite. In 2 Nephi the end of chapter 4, Nephi's father dies and Nephi is just going through some hard times. He remembers to rely on God and everything turns out to be ok. Good stuff.
- Along with that there is another scripture that the first time I read it, I was just like wow. So I marked it and every time I re-read it, I am still just like wow. It reads: Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself. Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was enticed by the one or the other. That is just cool to me. God really wants us to choose for ourselves what we want to do. The way of happiness is there, always and the way of misery is there, always... you pick.
- Every person ever born has the light of Christ. In some people it's buried deep and others beam with glowing light. Everyone's got it.
- And the last thing is that scriptures are pretty much awesome as long as it is the true written word. They are there for you to interpret for yourself. Everyone can get something different from the same passage, and that is ok. What you get out of it is meant for you. Apply the stories and meanings to your life. If they are hard to understand, keep trying to read (or listen to audio and follow along), pray for insight and it will just come, maybe not over night, maybe not within the week, but if you really want to understand the words... you just will.