Saturday, July 17, 2010

A trip to the fabric store.

Yesterday I was heading to the fabric store and asked Nick if he wanted to go. He said he didn't want to go but I wanted him to come and pick out some fabric so I could make him something. Once we got there he said, "So what am I supposed to look at?" Being that we were at a fabric store.... you'd think it would be a "DUH" answer. I guess I didn't realize it was so overwhelming. I walked around looking at patterns, colors and textures and he just kept asking what I was looking for and what he should be looking at and what I was going to make and the funniest thing:

I told him that I wanted to make a big blanket for a bed. He asked how I could make it so big when the fabric was only so wide. He was also confused because the fabric was so thin. I just looked at him and laughed! I told him that I don't want to answer him, but just show him. He didn't get what was so funny.

I want to make:
- steering wheel cover
- pillow cases
- blankets (with cool designs and patterns)
- camera strap cover
- throw pillows for my couch
- couch slip cover
- skirts
- bags