Saturday, July 17, 2010

Off he goes.

About 3 hours ago at 6am Nick left to go backpacking/camping down at Philmont with his dad and home scout troop. They will be out in the wilderness for about 11 days. I could not do that. Last night he was laying out all his stuff.

It was all organized and everything so I had to take a picture. After going over his list 4 times he pack it all up in his awesome cool new backpack.

He even had a bunch of room to spare. I tried the backpack on and it wasn't heavy. A lot of the pack's weight rests on your hips, but you can still move just fine. He will have a ton of fun and I am glad he is getting to do this. Hopefully he will get his fix. It will be interesting not talking to him everyday because he will be off the grid, except when they reach mountain tops. 

By the time he gets home I will hope to have sewn a bunch of stuff and have a clean and reorganized house, along with having been to Vegas, St. George and Reno and done a few photo shoots.