Monday, November 8, 2010

The Weekend

It's Monday morning. Just having a yummy brown sugar pop-tart as I reflect on the weekend.

For starters, I am working on the dishes. I did some last night, but not all. There are way too many for the water to stay hot and the soap to stay alive. I can't put them in the dish washer cause that thing just isn't that great. The hand washing dish soap I have it 100% amazing - its the Palmolive with oxy-clean stuff. It just removes the junk right off.

 Yesterday was the first time I went to all of church at my home ward in years. When I have been to church, I would just go to sacrament then go home. Going to all of church is the way to go though! You get to learn 3 lessons instead of just one. Sacrament meeting was testimonies and I like that cause people share their own personal witness of how they feel, think and know. Just good stuff.

Sunday school was reading and learning from the book of Jeremiah, the prophet. It talks about how he was chosen by the Lord to be a prophet and at times when Jeremiah didn't think that he could go on, he learned that he could and had to. We all have trials and we are all able to move on from them.

And the last meeting was Relief Society. The lesson was on judging. A few points that were brought up were:
  • Judge the action, not the person. God loves us all equally.
  • The effects of judging others is like poising yourself and you fall into negativity.
  • Just be nice.
Sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in judging wrongfully, but something that helps is this quote: Small minds discuss people and big minds discuss ideas.

I was able to meet some people at church. Ya know, single's wards are what you make of them. In the end go to church because you are supposed to and the rest of life will just fall into place.