Last night I was reading in my journal from July 26, 2005 and the weeks there after. That was when Lindsay and I would go to the 51s games and when we met the players and got autographs and had the luncheon where the players served us. Our days would revolve around the home games. there was this one player who's name was Herold, but we though he looked like a Ryan, so that is what we called him. Lindsay went and introduced herself to him. So funny! We got to park in the same parking lot the players did cause I met some season ticket holders that handed over their parking passes. We knew what cars the players drove... We didn't stalk, we just walked slowly out to the car while they did too. We would go to the games when lie was good and when we needed to sort stuff out. It was a break from lie. We were friends with the ushers and workers and the season ticket holders and life was grand. It makes me want to have season tickets again.
Going to the games and picking out favorite players and seeing them turn into greater players and being able to escape from life outside the stadium is something that can only be experienced by a certain few who are looking for it.
I really love baseball.