I just found out this morning that some family members were recently divorced. It is a bit of a shock to hear that it is 100% over and done. It's a pretty hard hit to a lot of people.
A friend once said that she wondered if perfect marriages exist and I have to surely say without a doubt. A marriage is something that God came up with so why would he tell you to do something he wants you to be miserable and fail at it? I think very few people include God in on the before and early parts of marriage. He wants all of us to be happy, and he has provided ways to make that happen. He has also allowed us to choose what we want to do.
I know a lot of people who's faith and beliefs are being tested to the highest degree right now. God doesn't give you what you can't handle. There is something for us to GAIN, it may require losing first though.