Friday, October 22, 2010

Good things about today.

  • I have lost 6 pounds in a week.
  • The Rangers play the Yanks @ Texas tonight and are confident they can win this one to go to the WS.
  • It's payday and I just have bills to pay and no urge to spend the extra money. It's slowly building and I am seeing good results which makes me want to spend less money and deal with less stuff in my house.
  • 3 weeks and 1 day till I see Nick.
  • My house is so nice. It's not decorated exactly how I want it, but it's still nice and comfortable.

Since I was gone Monday and Tuesday from work I was stressing that I wasn't going to be getting all my hours in at work cause I forgot to request my PTO. Upon further thinking I realized that I did have the opportunity, but it would be a little harder in doing four 10s Wed - Sat. It's harder compared to six 7 hour shifts. Today I am working on my third day of 10 hour shifts and I am feeling good about life. My job is pretty nice in that life comes first and working comes second. If there are vacations to be had, there is lots of encouragement to take advantage of them, and we aren't supposed to come to work unless we want to be here, otherwise we can just go do something else. Of course you don't get paid unless you are at work, but it's nice to have that option.

I will be having a nice salad with tomatoes, broccoli, olives, cheese, boiled eggs for dinner, grapes for dessert and I am looking forward to it. Also getting in a good workout on the treadmill.  

It's possible to be calm in the middle of a storm.

Here is a short video clip of Lucy playing with her socks and telling how life is.