Monday, September 27, 2010

Endurance

A few days short of 7 weeks till I see Nick again. He doesn't like it when I remind him of how much longer, rather shorter we have, but I see it as tiny little steps of progress. You can always count on time going by to get you to places.

I got a text from Aunt Leigh letting me know that the Texas Rangers are the West AL Champs. Can you say "it's T time!" That makes me happy, though I don't have a TV to see the games. Oh well, if anyone wants to get me something for Christmas, anything Texas Rangers will do.
Again, I am reminded not to let others interfere in my happiness, that is when they are trying to wreck it! Why can't everyone be happy in their own lives and be happy for others? I have to be honest, when I am excited about something and other people are too, all is well and great. When people aren't excited or happy, rather try to crush the idea between rocks grinding it down to a fine powder dust that is able to blow away in a small puff of air, I don't like that. All in all I guess I should put this into play:

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. --Ether 12:27
Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. --2 Nephi 4:28
Done and done. Moving along, I have been gathering addresses for my Christmas cards, to which I am designing. I am also working on finalizing plans for my 10 year class reunion that is coming up in May. I am heading to Reno in a few weeks which will be fun fun! I am going to teach my family how to play dutch blitz and we will go bowling and play with the babies and it will be a nice break from not doing those things. 

I watched the movie We Are Marshall. The whole thing is a bit wrenching. It is a true story and interesting to watch. The coach is amazing and was the person that was needed in that situations to make things a different and new kind of better.

I am off to endure time going by.