How it used to be: I could run for one hour non-stop and do a solid core workout for 90 minutes (with the core queen, Mia) - not to mention I was skating and doing off ice skating workouts.
How it is: A 20 minute "run" and 5 minutes of abs did me in this morning! Toast. Stick a fork in me cause I'm done! And give me a puke bucket.
I once saw a title of an article called something like: Obesity, run away from it. I though that was rad. Running costs no money, and you can pretty much do it anywhere. Lots of people don't run cause they say they have bad knees - well of course you do. You have got to build up the muscles around your knees to get them stronger. Running is just a great all around workout.
I have a goal to get down to pant size 7/8 by the time August rolls around (I have the pants in my closet). I am currently at a freckin 12. That is easier to say once you're not here anymore. I do not have a scale, nor do I plan on using one. It shouldn't matter how much you weigh, but how you feel and what you are able to do.
Some reasons I want to lose fat and get fit:
- I want to look good, be toned and not jello
- I want more energy & strength
- I really want to skate again and not let my strength hold me back
- I like running/jogging - once you hit that auto pilot state. You just go.
- I want to help others get fit
Humans are not meant to be fat. I know what it is like to workout for hours everyday. After the pain and what seems to be torture, I crave it. Getting there is the hard part, and it will happen, but there is only one way.