Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Progressive Field

On Wednesday, August 18 Nick and I left SC and made it to Ohio around 4PM. We had some good dinner out on the back deck and relaxed. The next day, I went with Nick to get his MRI on his shoulder. We went to eat at Panera and then headed to Progressive Field, home if the Cleveland Indians. I wanted to go to an Indian's game, but they were out of town the few days we were in town. I settled for the stadium tour instead. I am not complaining one bit!

Nick and I were the only ones that showed up for the tour which was cool. We learned a bit of history and then went to the press box.



This area is for club members I believe.


Upon entering the visiting team's locker room, you walk past their bathroom. All they have to do it show up and all their stuff is sitting out for them.


Next... the locker room! Holy nice. Everything they want is all right here. We were lucky cause the manager for the visiting team was working that day and stopped by so I asked him what his job consists of... pretty much keeping the players happy, doing errands for them, their laundry, making sure their food is catered to their needs... and anything else you can think of. Example - when the first iPod came out, Manny wanted 5, so the manager guy and his people were out shopping and gathering. There are about 14 people that work in this department including the bat boys.




Moving along the path lead us to the dugouts... and onto the field... and into the Indian's dugout.




Hand cut and painted





Passing through the Indian's territory we ended the tour at the under ground batting cages.



We made our way into the gift shop so I could get my mini bat and ball... and a hat and t-shirt. Nick thought this was cool.


And here's the outside.