Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Short Track

I went skating yesterday evening. Today my hip muscles are so sore. We did some drills then put them together and worked on just a straight away stroke. We worked on doing one slow crossover in the corners then some laps.

I am having issues getting all my weight over to one side so I am still skating with my center of gravity in the middle. Gliding on my left is still a problem because I don't feel balanced at all and the heel of my blade feels like it's slipping out.I haven't figured out the right pressure yet, nor do I have the strength to keep trying over and over.

So many people are so concerned about speed and that drives me crazy when their technique is all but good. They rush through the drills and don't take time to feel how it should be. If you have great technique, the speed will be there.

Nick says that I need to build my strength off ice so that I have what it takes to do the on ice drills correctly. It is just frustrating and painful. I just wish I could skate perfectly already.